Wednesday, August 1, 2012

*Urban Decay* Surreal Skin Cream To Powder Foundation Review


This post is a rave review of a foundation I bought on a whim: Urban Decay's Surreal Skin Cream To Powder foundation. 



The box has this to say about the product:

Smooth skin to satiny perfection with our feather-light foundation and custom brush.The buildable cream-to-powder formula contains nourishing antioxidants and pearl powders for a naturally flawless finish. 


I bought this foundation two months ago in Cannes where I was like a kid in a candy shop in Sephora. I hovered over the Urban Decay stand swatching away and stumbled upon this cream foundation.


Once I swatched it, something told me I had to get it. It wasn't cheap, I believe it was around the €34 mark, and I never make expensive impulse buys but I just knew I would regret it if I left this foundation behind.

Love at first sight you might say <3



---- Check out how pretty the packaging is! I only just noticed there's a camel, dragon, snake, tropical plants and butterflies on the lid! Gorge!!! ----



The shade closest to my skintone is Dream which is a yellow-based beige. It looked so perfect when I first opened the compact that I couldn't bear to drag the brush over the whole surface and ruin the smooth finish! That's why you can tell I've only been picking up product from the top half! A little OCD? 

(Check out my neon orange iPhone case! Got it today from H&M for £2.99! Love it)


Here's what I love about this foundation:
It glides on so smoothly. It's very blendable with the awesome brush it comes with making it hard to apply too much. This foundation covers my hyper pigmentation so easily, better than my other foundations (all liquid). I've never had a cream foundation before so it's nice to have a different formula to change things up a bit.

Also, here is the full ingredients list and you can see that it's paraben-free!


I'd say the Surreal Skin Cream To Powder lasts for about 5 hours before it starts to fade, depending on how thickly you layer it. Sometimes I come home from work and it's still (mostly) there without any reapplication!



The only negative thing about this I can think of is that there's no mini compact I can buy to throw in my bag for touch ups!!!


Bottom line: This foundation by Urban Decay is perfect if you are looking for a smooth, creamy, medium to full coverage foundation that lasts a good while and dries to a lovely satiny finish! I am so so loving using this foundation!! <3


Xx

1 comment: